So I have finally gotten around to welding the frame for the body armour holder. Only one mild small burn, so it was a relatively successful project.
In the process I thought about the overall requirements for this piece of kit. The biggest was portability. That followed by aesthetics, naturally. As a result, I decided to put cotter pins into the pegs in the base.
And the last part was the aesthetics. And decided to try to burn a leopard c2 into the base. Overall not really impressed with the process, but I wouldn't rule out trying it again at a later date. So I painted the burn with black acrylic paint to fill it in a bit. There is another coat of varnish currently drying. Strangely enough it reminds me of the scouting boxes and awards that were given out when I was a kid, all of which were made in the 1950s.
There's the final product. Let me know what you think.
Cheers and happy hobbying.