Monday, December 7, 2015

Other diversions.

Hello hobbyists,

Built something kind of different this time.  For work we usually have crazy parties where you dress up like a fool.

This year it was decided that everyone would dress up like batman.  So I designed and built my favorite batman costume.

I started with a random box I had in the basement to get the basic measurements.  

I then built that shape out of foam core.  To sturdy it up, I added guntape (duct tape) and coated the entire thing in spray on rubber. Printed and then cut the symbol out of acitate (overhead projector paper).  I fixed it in place and then spray painted grey and then yellow over the stencil.

Next came the helmet.

This was a little trickier.  I used a cardboard cement form for the basic round shape.  I then painted the first layers of colour on it, stupidly starting with sunburst yellow, because I forgot that legobatman is pink in the Lego movie.  I then cut out the mask in Eva foam and then sprayed it down with the the rubber spray.  Luckily I didn't have to paint after I sprayed the black.  I then found the expression I wanted and went to town with the black.  I was worried that the white wouldn't have enough pigment, so I borrowed the girlfriends whiteout to finish the job.  Below you have the finished product.


Hope you enjoyed another strange creation.

Happy hobbying!

Helbuck

No comments:

Post a Comment