Sunday, January 27, 2013

Hail!

I have returned to modelling like Caesar crossed the rubicon.  With the interest in the Horus Heresy, and having recently read Know No Fear, I decided to make the Ultramarines 5th Grand Company in the time shortly after the consolidation and embarking on the Great Hunt.  The army would include dreadnoughts, tactical squads and a custom model representing Roboute Guilliman.  The first thing I was going to do was start with some research.  I read the descriptions and searched the great google machine for inspiration.  Having found a number of pictures including fantastic cover art and a bunch of deviantart sketches I began compiling what i thought were the bet representations.  Some pictures are over the top, but some really great material is available.  I'll post some of the pieces in the next post.  Next, I began sketching my own ideas.  This too will follow.  Finally I started putting the pieces together.  Below is a teaser of the finished model.



Hope you enjoy.  Happy Modelling.

No comments:

Post a Comment